People Development Programme – it’s a new Edge One Solutions initiative by Edge One Solutions. The company’s HR Manager, Justyna Pawliczak, discusses the initiative’s advantages and details.
People Recommendation Programme is Edge One Solutions’ new idea for recruitment and reaching out to candidates. Why does an IT company choose to incorporate a solution of this kind? Does it mean that the traditional recruitment model has failed?
JP.: Our recruitment department is working very effectively. Besides the traditional recruitment, we are running an internal employee recommendation programme. However, the time has come to go a step further and extend the candidate recommendation possibilities also to those who are not Edge1S employees. IT environment is deemed “more efficient and faster.” Our company has been delivering highest quality services to our clients for years now. The IT services market is expanding very rapidly, as is our customer portfolio - a portfolio of satisfied customers, I should add. We have incorporated this kind of solution as a response to a high demand for IT specialists in the projects we currently run.
How can you be sure that this method is efficient?
JP.: Recommendations are the best way to acquire top class specialists, and a guarantee that the referred candidates will precisely meet the expectations specified in the job offers. Naturally, we have been inspired by the programmes successfully functioning in the United States, which have been gaining publicity among Polish entrepreneurs for about three years now. Additionally, we have thought of an extra incentive in the form of a bonus for a successful recommendation.
The bonus for a recommendation is 4000 PLN?
JP.: Yes, not only have we decided to ask for external support in recommending specialists, but also to offer a bonus payment. The principle of participation in the programme is recommending a person for a position we are currently hiring for. Naturally, such a person needs to be informed about the recommendation beforehand, and cannot be registered in our current candidate database. Providing that Edge One Solutions establishes employment relationship with this particular candidate, the person recommending them will obtain a 4000 PLN bonus. One programme participant is allowed to recommend an infinite number of candidates, which is an undeniable advantage. The details of the programme are to be found in the Terms and Conditions, which I invite to get acquainted with.
What candidates are you currently looking for?
JP.: We are currently building two new teams in Kraków and Lublin, and we are hiring for the following positions: Java Developers, Front End Developers and QA Specialists – overall about 40-50 persons. I would like to stress that the persons recommended will also be taken into account in the future Edge1S recruitment processes. Taken together all recruitments, the bonus will be granted in the case of recommending candidates for the positions such as: Programmer, Software Tester, Analyst, Administrator, User Support Specialist, IT Solutions Architect, Project Manager, and all other IT and engineering profiles for which Edge One Solutions recruitment is currently open.
What is the duration of the programme?
JP.: People Recommendation Programme is not limited in time. We are committed to hiring the best specialists there are, hence we focus on the programme’s long-term operation.
Is Edge One Solutions a good employer?
JP.: Definitely. Not only good, but also stable and responsible for its employees. We ensure extensive development opportunities, including work in interesting projects of international scope. Our project portfolio is really rich – we work for clients hailing from various sectors. What is more, we give our employees the opportunity to participate in our own project - an edtech accelerator eduLAB – and use their competences, also the out-of-work ones, in the cooperation with startups. Currently, nearly half of our employees are involved in eduLAB. I encourage everyone who is willing to work in a good company with nice atmosphere which creates huge development opportunities to join Edge One Solutions.
„People Recommendation Programme” terms and conditions
I. Focus of the programme
- ”People Recommendation Programme” is aimed at encouraging the addressees to send to Edge One Solutions Sp. z o.o. a CV of an IT expert of their acquaintance (understood as a person operating in IT and engineering sector), who has not been previously registered in Edge One Solutions Sp. z o.o. database. In the case of establishing cooperation with / hiring the recommended person, the referring party shall receive a one-off bonus payment of PLN 4.000 (in words: four thousand zloty 00/100) for the fact of establishing cooperation with / hiring the recommended IT expert.
- Bonus amount referred to in section 2 is granted for every recommended IT expert with whom cooperation or employment relationship has been established.
- Referral is valid for a period of 6 months from the date of sending the CV. On expiry of that period, in the case of establishing cooperation/employment relationship with the IT expert, the bonus shall not be granted. The organizer reserves the right to grant the bonus in the above-mentioned case. The organizer shall communicate the foregoing fact directly to the person recommending a candidate
- The right to submit referrals is reserved exclusively to natural persons.
- Bonus will be granted and paid compliant to the conditions stated in article IV of these terms and conditions.
II. Duration of the programme
Programme comes into force starting August 1, 2017 and is not subject to a time limit. The organizer may decide upon the programme’s termination at any time.
III. Participants of the programme
- Participation in the programme is open for every natural person who recommends an IT expert of their acquaintance to Edge One Solutions sp. z o.o.
- Persons having legal personality (e.g. recruitment agencies.) are excluded from the programme.
3. A person is entitled to take part in the programme irrespective of their prior participation in recruitment process in Edge One Solutions sp. z o.o.
- Taking part in the programme is deemed synonymous with acceptance of these terms and conditions stating the rules of the programme.
5. General information on the programme, including a link to these programme terms and conditions in pdf version, is accessible the Organizer’s – Edge One Solutions sp. z o.o. webpage.
IV. Rules of participation
- In order to take part in the programme one needs to send a CV of an IT expert of their acquaintance containing the candidate’s contact details (telephone number / email) to a dedicated address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Organizer’s autoresponder will inform the person recommending an expert about the upcoming contact from an authorized Edge One Solutions sp. z o.o. representative within 5 days of receiving the expert’s CV, including the information about CV’s eligibility for the programme.
- One participant may recommend an Infinite number of persons.
- Recommendation of an expert takes place with regard to a particular position for which Edge One Solutions sp. z o.o. is seeking a specialist.
- Recommendation shall be accompanied by information regarding the recommended candidate’s level of experience, as well as contact details (telephone number / email).
- Recommended person must be considered during IT sector recruitment processes carried out in Edge One Solutions sp. z o.o.
- Bonus will be granted in the case of recommending candidates for the following positions/profiles:
b. Software Tester
e. User Support Specialist
f. IT Solutions Architect
g. Project Manager
h. All other IT and engineering profiles for which Edge One Solutions sp. z o.o. recruitment is currently open, classified by the Organizer as eligible for “People Recommendation Programme”.
- Submitted application must contain consent for processing of personal data of August 29, 1997 (Dz. U. - Journal of Laws – of 2002, No. 101, item 926 as amended) and must be acquired by the referring party:
“I hereby agree for processing my personal data, included in the submitted documents by Edge One Solutions Sp. z o.o. with its seat in Warsaw, 02-626 at ul. Postępu 14B, including its processing in the future, for the purpose of recruitment. The consent is voluntary and I declare that I have been informed about my rights resulting from the Data Protection Act of August 29, 1997 (Dz. U. – Journal of Laws – of 2002, No. 101, item 926 as amended)”.
- Recommended person must be notified about the fact of being recommended and consent to the recommendation.
- In the case of a CV of the same candidate being submitted by more than one person, the bonus shall be granted to the person who was the first to recommend the candidate.
- In the case of the recommended person’s CV having been previously registered in Edge One Solutions sp. z o.o. database, the bonus will not be granted. The bonus will not be granted also in the case of recommending a former Edge One Solutions sp. z o.o. employee/contractor.
- In the case of the contacted/recommended person’s lack of knowledge about having been recommended by third parites, the bonus will not be granted.
- In order for the Organizer to sign an agreement with the programme participant – a person recommending an expert, the participant is obliged within 5 working days of the decision to grant the bonus to send all data necessary for drawing up a commission contract. After this period has expired without results, the Organizer has the right to refuse to pay the bonus.
- The decision about granting a participant the bonus will be communicated by the Organizer (they will contact the recommending person at the phone number or email provided in the CV submission), after the commission contract has been signed by both parties. The money will be transferred to the bank account indicated by the participant within 30 days of signing the commission contract.
- Bonus may be increased on voluntary basis by the Organizer for a specified period of time and for specified candidate profiles. The information about the increase in bonus, the duration, as well as the desired candidate profile each time will be posted on the Organizers webpage.
V. Programme organization
- Edge One Solutions Sp. z o.o. is the Organizer of the programme.
- Łukasz Czarnecki is the person managing the programme and responsible for the conduct of the programme.
- Organizer commits to overseeing the execution of the programme and ensuring compliance with the programme’s terms and conditions. The Organizer also undertakes to maintain documentation of the programme.
- In well-founded cases the Organizer has the right to change the provisions of programme terms and conditions regarding the duration of the programme and the method of bonus payment.
- For matters not regulated or in cases of dispute, the right to make decisions and resolve issues is reserved to programme’s Organizer.
Approved by programme Organizer:
Łukasz Czernecki – CEO oraz Mariusz Zawolik – Vice-CEO
Edge One Solutions sp. z o. o.
PEOPLE RECOMMENDATION PROGRAMME_ Terms and Conditions.pdf